Sunday, May 10, 2009

TIME TO UPDATE










DON'T YOU THINK MY DANCERS ARE JUST SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
This past weekend was my last team dance competition and we went out with a BANG!!!!
It was truly an amazing weekend
Here's how we placed

SOLOS!
3 Queen solos
4 2nd place solos
4 1st place solos
1 3rd place solo
And our fabulous dancer Elizabeth (14 yrs) received High Point. For those of you who don't know what "high point' is, let me explain, out of 39 solo routines, from all different studios, Elizabeth had the HIGHEST points out of all, therefore getting the high point award, Quite an accomplishment!

TEAMS!
my boss had three dances.
Two placed first
and her little minis placed 3rd.
She also received the best choreography award out of 41 team routines

I had 12 dances
Eight placed 1st
two placed 2nd
One place 4th
and one placed 5th
one of my jazz dances received HIGH POINT AND BEST TECHNIQUE out of 73 team routines
Another one of my lyrical dances received HIGH POINT out of 37 team routines. (THERE WERE ONLY FOUR HIGH POINTS GIVEN OUT FOR THE ENTIRE DAY AND TWO OF MY DANCES RECEIVED HALF HA!)

And my pro team lyrical dance received JUDGES CHOICE - This particular dance was my 8-11 yrs old, they placed 2nd place only because they were penalized 3 points for being to good....??!! WHAT?! seriously...we followed the competition guidelines and put them in the appropriate category, but the judges thought they were to good....when do you ever get penalized for being to good.... so if they werent so good they would have taken 1st in their division.

Anyway we went out with a bang and we have one more SOLO competition this coming weekend so GOOD LUCK TO THE SOLOIST!

5 comments:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Sweet! I bet that was so amazing! All your hard work payed off!! They are so lucky to have you!!

Anonymous said...

I miss dancing with you!!!!!

Heidi and Caleb Sims said...

They are so cute!! For obvious reasons I can tell they adore you!! I would love to see them dance your moves!

Emily said...

Hey Amber! What dance competition was this? I think I was there with my nieces!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber its Jana! I'm going to miss you guys! Keep in touch :)